Thursday, May 10, 2012

I look at Midwest Gun Trader a couple of times a week. It's a cool place for people to buy and sell guns locally. If you haven't checked them out, you should, especially if you are in the Midwest. You may find some decent deals.

But anyway, back to the point. I would NEVER buy a gun from someone anywhere, Midwest Gun Trader, gun shows, Cabela's, without first doing a little research to make sure the price is right and the reviews aren't horrible.

But it never fails, some clown lists a used gun for more than I can buy a new one. I guess all it takes is one sucker that doesn't put in the time to research a product.

Right now there is a guy listing a Taurus 709 Slim, used, for $385 bucks. I can get a brand spanking new one for around $360. I don't get it.


Another one that cracks me up is the guys selling Mosin Nagant 91/30 rifles for $200 bucks. You can pick those up all day long at gun shows for $99 bucks. I think Cabela's even stocks them for about $105 bucks.

So, do yourself a favor, if you see something you like at the gun show or anywhere else, check it out first. Make sure you aren't getting bent. Most everyone I know does, but there has to be people who don't because the guns disappear from the Midwest Gun Trader listings all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment