Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Adios Newt...

The writing has been on the wall for a while now, but today Newt officially withdrew from the presidential race. We all saw it coming. There is no way Newt couldn't see it too.

He jumps out with about $4 MILLION bucks in debt. It looks like Mitt Romney is going to help him out with that, one way or another.

It also sounded like, I may be wrong here, Newt wasn't going to get behind Romney without a little help on the debt. It's just how I took it, so if that's not the case, my bad.

Ron Paul, of course, is staying in the race, and even hinting at running third party. Dude, why? You can't win Ron. All you will do at that point is siphon off votes that should have gone to Romney. I understand the guy has a message. And believe me, a bunch of it I could get behind. Hell, if he were the nominee I would get behind all of it, but that's not in the cards. At this point a third party guy will only be a guarantee of an obama win.

I heard some rumor of a unity tour. Mitt Romney and all of the former candidates, except Ron Paul, might be touring around a bit to bolster support for the party. Build some momentum, rally the troops. It can't hurt. It was a nasty primary season and I can't help but think that people are still somewhat divided.

Well, we will see what happens. Let's hope that people will get behind Romney, because no matter what anyone thinks, he is MUCH better than an obama second term...

No comments:

Post a Comment