Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The 1959 Cadillac... what a beauty!

When I was a kid, my step dad's mother had one of these land yachts. She kept it at our house and only used it when whe was in Houston. It was my job to wash this beast every week. They paid me .50 cents. What a rip off. That's a whole lot of car.

As I got older I found a new appreciation for the car. It was pretty much rust free and didn't have a dent in the body anywhere. The paint was a little faded but the interior was absolutely perfect.

When my parents moved away, I thought I would be able to get my hands on the car. But old granny sold it out from under me. And the worst part, we lived in a small town and I had to see those two clowns driving the car around all the time. The car looked about identical to the fourth one down...





No comments:

Post a Comment